Welcome to the Barryvan Compo Manager website. The Barryvan Compo Manager (BVC Manager) is, in essence, a content management system specifically for running web-based competitions. It is completely open-source, and you are free to use it however you like.
The BVC Manager currently implements the following features, with many more to come:
- Completely customisable themeing, using the Smarty templating engine and some (very) basic PHP;
- Self-contained "competition" modules, selectable by the administrator, each of which is responsible for a certain type of competition, and which are easily written;
- Written entirely in PHP with a MySQL backend for platform agnosticity;
- Quick and easy setup and configuration;
- And much more.
These features are planned for future versions of the BVC Manager:
- User registration and authentication, for "registered" competitions;
- Online administrative tools (rather than editing an INI file);
- A variety of default competition modules, for the most common types of competition;
- A small selection of high-quality, easily-modifiable themes;
- Database agnosticism, using the MDB2 utilities.